Thursday, May 22, 2008

Blooies

Thank you to all who are following my trip online. I love receiving your comments and e-mails that are keeping me connected to home. Keep them coming, I'd love to hear more from you :)

Guess what?!?! Today I signed up to swim in Singapore Nationals! It's official, I'm actually going to do it. I can only swim in the first day of the meet because of classes and travel (I'm actually missing a full day of class, but the professor said it was okay and agreed that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity).  I will be swimming the 100m Freestyle and the 200m Backstroke. I'm going to have to swim my best times to make finals in the top 8, and I'm not going to be tapering or anything intense like that, but it should be fun anyway. I'm so excited! My classmates are thrilled too! They want to skip class and go to the meet too! So funny! I told them they can definitely come to finals! GT represent!

Today, I took my first quiz of the summer in my history class. It wasn't nearly as bad as a typically Tech quiz. Hopefully it'll stay like that! We're covering lots of material, very quickly, but the quiz was still good. My big plan for the weekend is writing the two papers that we have for this class. They are both required to be 5-7 pages, and they are both due in a week and a half! ahhh I just want to get them done and out of the way, but it's so hard to start!

Tonight, the whole group (including our two professors) went out to Blooies, an American grill right next to campus. It was expensive, but I had the most glorious bacon and mushroom cheeseburger that you could possibly imagine! This dinner was the first time I have felt full since being in Singapore. Blooies also serves pizzas, wraps, rubens, and quesadillas. Basically, this restaurant is going to be my savior when I have a craving for some good Western food!  I had some quality conversation tonight with my classmates and my two professors. The professors are so much fun! I have really enjoyed getting to know them outside the classroom. They want to miss class to come to the swim meet too! haha!

Tomorrow, my history professor is taking us to Sentosa, an island off the coast of Singapore. We are going to a museum about Singapore's history. Afterwards, we are free to roam the island! It is similar to Disney Land, with beaches, rides, a dolphin show, restaurants, shops, etc. It should be a good time! On Saturday, I'm taking a day trip to Indonesia, and I just booked a Elephant Trekking adventure for next weekend when I go to Phuket, Thailand. How amazing!

No comments: