Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's today!

Today is the day I leave for Singapore!!
...and I still have a little bit more to pack :)

I will be spending six weeks at the National University of Singapore. I will be taking a history course (Asia in the Modern World) and an Industrial Engineering course (Quality Control). The study abroad program consists of 30 Georgia Tech students (all Industrial Engineering majors) and four Tech professors. We are staying in the only air conditioned dorms on campus, hooray! Our flight leaves tonight at 8 PM, and we fly from Atlanta to LA to Hong Kong to Singapore. We will arrive in Singapore on Friday at 1:30 PM where we will immediately go to Orientation and receive our student passes.

In mid-June, we will fly to Beijing to take our last two classes (Supply Chain: Manufacturing and Supply Chain: Logistics) at Tsinghua University. Luckily, our schedule during the entire summer gives us three day weekends for every weekend! While in Singapore, I will be spending the long weekends traveling to Thailand, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.

Gotta go finish packing! 

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Ryann,
I am at work this morning thinking that you are still flying to HongKong. Miss Sherry and I are so excited for you and wish we could see everything that you will see.