Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dinner of Champions

Highlight of the day:

I ATE CHILI CRABS!!!! Yum!!! Soooo SPICY!!!! There is nothing more relaxing than going out to a small local restaurant with a great group of people and breaking open a crab covered with chili sauce with your bare hands! We decided that this was the messiest we've ever gotten while eating, even worse than BBQ ribs! I even got to take a look at all of the live crabs and choose which one I wanted them to cook for me! Trust me, I got pictures of my little crab before he met his fate :)
The chili crab was soooo good, but very spicy and surprisingly filling! There's quite a lot of meat in a crab, and my mouth was on fire during the whole meal!

Other happenings today:

We had our first full day of class- four hours of an Asian history course. It was tough to sit through the lecture, especially because I have no real interest in history. Nevertheless, I like having a small class. It helps me to pay attention, feel connected to the professor, and absorb what he is teaching. We have our first quiz on Thursday, and our final is in exactly two weeks from today. 

There is a huge group of students staying in our dorm complex. This particular group is made up of students from 12 different countries, and they are here for a math competition. Hannah and I spoke with three girls from Australia, and we told them it was just the coolest thing that they live in Australia, and yes they had an awesome Australian accent. They asked us where we were from, and we said the United States, and they said that was much cooler. haha I still think Australia is more amazing. 

Thought of the Day: Making decisions is an exhausting activity.
Good night :)

No comments: