Thursday, July 31, 2008

4th Class Completed!

I'm done! I'M DONE! I'M DONE, I'M DONE, I'M DONE! The "study" part of my study abroad is over!!!! My group and I gave our presentation yesterday, and we're turning in our paper today for our logistics class. My 4th and FINAL study abroad class has now been completed :)

A bunch of us went out last night to celebrate. We went to Pyro for pizza and Tsingtao, and then we went to Tango for some karaoke. We had our own private karaoke room that had comfortable leather couches, a bar and stools, and a big plasma screen TV for the karaoke. We had four microphones in the room, and some of my songs to sing were "Low" by Flo Rida, "My Humps" and "Glamorous" by Fergie, "Stronger" by Kanye West, and "Lean on Me". We had free juice and snacks all night. Some of our snacks included fried pastries filled with red bean paste, deep fried pumpkin cakes, dumplings, Chinese sushi (no raw meat),  and some custard filled pastries. 

This morning, we went back to the classroom for the last time. Professor Zhou gave a brief wrap up of the program, and we all filled out some course surveys. At the end of the meeting, we watched a thirty minute slideshow video of pictures from the program. David Schwartz put it together, and he used over 500 photos! It was so fun to see pictures from Singapore and Thailand. That seems like AGES ago!

After the meeting, we went to the #1 Peking Duck restaurant in Beijing for our farewell lunch. It was a very fancy "Lazy Susan meal", consisting of many many courses. Naturally, my favorite course was the Peking Duck. The cook carved the roasted duck right next to our table and served us the fresh meat. You roll the duck meat into a tortilla with lettuce, cucumber slices, and a bean curd paste (which doesn't sound appetizing, but it's really good I promise!). 

Now, I am back in my room putting the final touches on our paper before I submit it to Professor Tsui. Then I am going to start packing! Ah almost time to go home!

No comments: