Tuesday, June 3, 2008

History Class Completed

This morning was my history final. All I had to do was turn in my two papers, and my history class was completed! Today is the official 25% program completion mark! Yay, one class down, three more to go.

After lunch, Caroline and I spent time in the library planning our trip to Bangkok, Thailand this weekend. We leave on Thursday evening and return on Sunday night. We are staying at Bossotel Inn, which is on a river! On Friday we are planning on riding a bus 3 hours to Kanchanaburi, a more rural town. There is a Buddhist temple there that takes in wild animals that can no longer survive on their own. They are most known for their population of domesticated tigers that visitors are allowed to pet and cuddle with! The rest of our weekend will be full of shopping and relaxing in Lumpini Park. We are also going on a day long river tour of Bangkok on Sunday with Hannah and Josh, right before we leave Thailand.

This afternoon we started our second class, Quality Engineering, also known as Quality Control. I loved today's class! It was so interesting! I really hope I continue to like the material. Today we learned about what types of characteristics give a product or a service good quality, like performance, special features, reliability, durability, conformity, etc. It was fun! 

After class, Caroline and I went to swim practice. Tomorrow is Singapore Nationals!!! (So of course I'm up past midnight...). Prelims are at 9 AM, which is 9 PM on Tuesday for those in Georgia, and Finals are at 7 PM, which is 7 AM on Wednesday in Georgia. I'm swimming the 100 free and 200 back. I REALLY want to swim the 1500 free tomorrow. There are only three girls swimming it, and I'm sure I could beat one of them and get a medal! I'll have to see if I'm allowed to deck enter...

Good night!

No comments: